[Talk-us] Whole-US Garmin Map update - 2012-07-07

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at rushpost.com
Mon Jul 9 21:29:02 BST 2012

On Mon, 2012-07-09 at 08:43 -0700, Kenneth Adelman wrote:
  [quoting Dave Hansen:]
> > I'm seeing the same thing.
>
> > Any suggestions for other trackers to use?
>
>     Not an expert on the matter, but try
>
>     http://publicbt.com/
>
>     I think you can have more than one, so you could leave the current tracker and add
> this one. If you update the .torrent files on the site, let me know and I'll try the
> new ones.

These are all known to work:

udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80
udp://tracker.ccc.de:80
udp://tracker.istole.it:80

Any modern BitTorrent client should have no issue with multiple
trackers. Any modern BitTorrent client will also support DHT, PEX, and
magnet links making a missing tracker an annoyance rather than a
show-stopper; though it is possible to download public torrents given
only the info hash, having a tracker can (and usually does) speed things
up.