[Talk-us] US Road route relation conventions

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 23:29:20 BST 2012

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 5:23 PM, Mike N <niceman at att.net> wrote:
> As part of the review and cleanup after the redaction bot, I am planning to
> go through and review state routes and create relations for them.
>
>   There's been much good work in developing the Shields rendering scheme,
> and I would like to prepare when / if it gets rolled out in the US.
>
>    Is there a Wiki page that describes the best current highway tagging
> scheme to document use of route relations and refs to support Mapnik with
> shields and other data consumers?

When I started doing Kansas highways I looked around on the wiki and
saw several state level highway tagging pages. I tried to see what
most people were doing and copied that to the Kansas page.[1] Of
course there has been several debates about this since then so... who
knows :)

Toby

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Kansas_state_highways