[Talk-us] Fwd: [OSM-dev] Licence redaction ready to begin

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Jul 11 14:31:19 BST 2012

Hi,

On 07/11/12 15:20, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
>>>    The state capital region of Columbia, South Carolina will be a prime
>>> test of the "Do empty areas attract contributors?" theory for some time
>>> to come.
>>
>> Why, is someone planning to remove the TIGER import in that area?
>
> Yes, wherever those TIGER ways were either outright deleted or combined
> with other ways.

Obviously my comment was a bit tongue-in-cheek; I am personally
convinced that the unedited TIGER landscape - i.e. a map of which
virtually nothing is correct and once you start to work somewhere you
have to touch almost every single object if you want an acceptable
result - is the worst situation for attracting mappers. Therefore,
returning an area to how it was after TIGER (and deleting selected
objects for good measure) is certainly not creating an "empty area" in
the sense of the "do empty areas attract contributors" theory.

Bye
Frederik