[Talk-us] railway=abandoned and mapping things that are not there any more?

Peter Dobratz peter at dobratz.us
Fri Jul 13 04:43:14 BST 2012

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 4:21 PM, Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com>wrote:

> I am of course one mapper who's been mapping former railways. (Russ Nelson
> is another.) There is certainly value in seeing how the current
> disconnected bits of railway infrastructure used to connect. I've also
> mapped the occasional highway=abandoned, e.g. where the old road was cut
> off by the Interstate.

NE2,

So after I bring up that I don't think railways should be drawn through
buildings, and most people agree with me on that, you decide to do this:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=42.762886&lon=-71.430509&zoom=18&layers=M

Does 86 Central Street, Hudson, NH have remnants of a railroad running
through their living room?  No, because that's ridiculous.

Maybe you could hold off dumping stuff on top of work that I've done while
we continue to discuss the matter.

Does anyone have any objection to reverting the following changesets?:

Thanks,
Peter