[Talk-us] Note to users of overapss/xapi like services (mirrored download and such)

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 05:15:11 BST 2012

I noticed today that since the license bot is going full throttle, my
server hasn't been able to keep up with minutely diffs any more. Right
now I'm about 4 hours behind. My server isn't exactly optimized for
performance so this might not be affecting all users of minutely diffs
but please beware that the increased activity may have impacted some
3rd party services. If you are downloading data to edit from anywhere
but api.openstreetmap.org, please double check your source and verify
that it is up to date. I know both the jxapi and overpass are capable
of putting a timestamp in their response, if configured correctly.

Toby