[Talk-us] Fwd: Re: Post bot cleanup

Charlotte Wolter techlady at techlady.com
Thu Jul 19 16:05:20 BST 2012

Hello all,

         The damage in LA is much more severe: missing segments of
freeways, roads gone.
         I thought the bot was supposed to be "smart" enough to
subnstitute TIGER data when eliminating data by nonsigners. But that
has not been done. I am finding many streets (and not ones too new to
be in TiGER) that simply have been deleted. This is very
disappointing and, to my mind, wrongheaded. Poorly done!
         Why did the bot people never talk to anyone working on LA?
That would have been important since it is an area with so much damage.

--C

>         h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:from:date
>         :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:to:cc:content-type;
>         bh=G7ZU6uf0pnkWjijSN467fJeIeN49Klx+hvQSHvjBu9w=;
>         b=YVHCL6grieBm7b/raTsjC2h1uQm6et8IHYqJ4dvTSWKZQLL4CrqGtXeDf5w3l8jauy
>         QI84uSWTJtXgYvXWePfxcu5NieYdbnafU5pc5SKxFVFDu280Rmi2DqUThgTTfEo5ogfo
>         hX+AYoHJKTsQ06rEkoCZjCeyve8048AfGXTOxN7N1XRq3UuQayvZfayhrgjsdZv5kM1r
>         rmkJhMmMQ2zGPog5VkXbcFxADsu0ZHos6O0BZfijBWTRrI4GNPx8Ri9+8dHmqkKZrXa6
>         yuz97SfTJv3vJvdRN2eQfIaAfPyIqFsWJjFONKdutjdkFmw+GwqSBSERkKVYJa2Sk7s+
>         D1xw==
>From: Martijn van Exel <m at rtijn.org>
>Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 08:14:56 -0600
>To: Toby Murray <toby.murray at gmail.com>
>Cc: talk-us <talk-us at openstreetmap.org>
>Subject: Re: [Talk-us] Post bot cleanup
>         <mailto:talk-us-request at openstreetmap.org?subject=subscribe>
>
>Hi,
>
>On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 11:42 PM, Toby Murray <toby.murray at gmail.com> wrote:
>[..]
> >
> > Any other common problems that people have seen?
> >
>  I get the road spaghetti in non-motorway settings too. Example in
>Salt Lake:
>https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2vwbfnz2ag0sjd/Java%20OpenStreetMap%20Editor_2012-07-19_08-05-05.png
>They're usually easy to spot, but searching for user:"OSMF Redaction
>Account" in JOSM helps too.
>Phil's broken motorways I've seen too.
>Other things I've seen quite a bit but may be specific to my local pet
>disagreers:
>* Empty areas, or remnants of areas, that used to be landuse or admin
>boundaries.
>* Vanished traffic signals.
>* Vanished metadata on ways (maxspeed, lanes, access, highway type).
>This is much harder to spot, except where a part of a way has suddenly
>become residential where the rest is still tertiary.
>

>--
>martijn van exel
>http://oegeo.wordpress.com

Charlotte Wolter
927 18th Street Suite A
Santa Monica, California
90403
+1-310-597-4040
techlady at techlady.com
Skype: thetechlady

The Four Internet Freedoms
Freedom to know all the terms of a service, particularly any that
would affect the first three freedoms.