[Talk-us] Map of bot node edits

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 07:57:33 BST 2012

Alright... I got something running.

http://ni.kwsn.net/~toby/OSM/maps/redaction.html

It is a map that shows all nodes (but ONLY nodes) touched by the bot
in the US and Canada. Actually I thought I was only doing the lower 48
but apparently Maperitive decided that I wanted more. I think it cuts
off at about 67 degrees north.  Red means a node was deleted, blue
means it was modified. "Modified" could mean location change and/or
tag changes. It only goes up to zoom 11 and that will probably be all.
This is partially technical (I'm pre-rendering tiles using Maperitive
and pushing its limits already) and partially legal. This is not
intended as a map to let you retrieve the location of deleted nodes by
decliners. It is simply a guide to finding out where the bot had the
most impact and to direct remapping efforts.

Also, there will be no updates to this map. There isn't much to update
once a node is deleted and redacted. So don't expect things to
disappear as you remap.

Anyway, Hope it helps a little. I have a couple of ideas for other
layers too. I'll have to see what I can come up with this weekend.

Toby