[Talk-us] Starting OSM Trail Map Initiative In US

Mike Thompson miketho16 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 04:22:02 BST 2012

> - Focused effort to gather public domain trail data and use it to
> update existing trail data in OSM through hybrid editing \ bulk upload
> methodology.
Just and idea for the community's consideration: as an avid trail user
and mapper, the one type of bulk upload that would interest me would
be the balance of the NHD data.  It appears that this has not been
completed.  I am too busy hiking trails gathering GPS traces to do
this myself, and I am not sure I want to venture into "bulk upload
land."

Mike