[Talk-us] UVM-SAL Buildings

Phil! Gold phil_g at pobox.com
Fri Jun 1 20:20:15 BST 2012

* William Morris <wboykinm at geosprocket.com> [2012-06-01 12:53 -0400]:
> is orthogonalization worthwhile in this case?

I'm not sure it is.  I tried using JOSM's orthogonalization tool on a
number of buildings and every time got a result that was worse than the
original data in terms of being misaligned with the imagery.  Most of them
ended up with lines rotated close to 45 degrees from the actual building's
walls (i.e. JOSM's orthogonalization was almost maximally bad in this
case).

--- --
panic("Foooooooood fight!");
                       -- In the kernel source aha1542.c, after detecting
                          a bad segment list