[Talk-us] Special issues in LA remap

Charlotte Wolter techlady at techlady.com
Mon Jun 4 19:50:20 BST 2012

Hello all,

         I have been working on the LA remap, which mostly involves
correcting thousands and thousands of edits by a user named "blars."
         The odd thing about the "edits" that "blars" did is that
they seem to have been done almost robotically. Although many
intersections have been changed enough to be marked "modified" by the
OSM Inspector, it's difficul to see what, if anything, was done. The
poor street alignments from TIGER have not been corrected.  Obvious
issues, such as a street that no longer exists, have been ignored.
Almost every single dead-end street or those with turning circles are
"modified," as are many intersections, but, again, bad alignment has
not been touched.
         All this plus the sheer volume of changes makes me think
that "blars" used some kind of bot to make these changes. These
"edits" corrected or added little, except to make the map "modified"
for the new license.
         Perhaps someone who knows JOSM or other tools better than I
do could come up with a way to make these repairs on a mass basis.
Or, perhaps, there is a wasy to reverse just what blars did within a
certain time frame.
         I appreciate any help you can give. I've put in hundreds of
hours on this and barely scratched the surface.

Best,

Charlotte

Charlotte Wolter
927 18th Street Suite A
Santa Monica, California
90403
+1-310-597-4040
techlady at techlady.com
Skype: thetechlady

The Four Internet Freedoms
Freedom to know all the terms of a service, particularly any that
would affect the first three freedoms.