[Talk-us] Menlo Park Admin Boundary

the Old Topo Depot oldtopos at novacell.com
Sat Jun 9 00:13:34 BST 2012

Thanks, Apollinaris, for the additional updates.  BTW, what are the
changeset IDs that touched the other admin ways, please ?

Further examination of changeset
11339421<http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/11339421>
reveals
deletion of Sharon Heights Golf Course, some surrounding ways, and other
point features in the immediate vicinity, including exit numbers on I-280,
emergency call boxes, as well as other features.  See
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=37.4251091480255&lon=-122.214467525482&zoom=16

It may be prudent to revert the entire changeset, given the number of
deletions contained, and the fact that this changeset is the only committed
by bxbreen (http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/bxbreen).  Unfortunately, at
least the Sand Hill/I-280 interchange has been subsequently edited by
others.

Thoughts on how best to proceed are appreciated.

Best,

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 9:53 AM, Apollinaris Schoell <aschoell at gmail.com>wrote:

> there is more damage to the borders in the area. I have removed some
> duplicates for Menlo PArk now and fixed PA,EPA,MV,SV too. looks like
> another pretty new user deleted even more boundaries.
>

> On Jun 7, 2012, at 9:16 PM, the Old Topo Depot wrote:
>
> It appears that changeset 11339421<http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/11339421> deleted
> way id 108849539, which was a part of the Menlo Park admin boundary.  As
> the changeset is rather large (2,304 nodes; 160 ways) a full revert seems
> undesirable.
> What might be the best way to recover the deleted way and restore the
> associated relation without attempting a full revert ?
> Thanks in advance,
>
> John Novak

John Novak