[Talk-us] Seeing things you don't care about in the database

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 01:59:23 BST 2012

> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 4:47 PM, Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> I agree with this. But I'm not sure that there is a solution. You can use
>> XAPI/Overpass API to download only roads in an area, but you get conflicts
>> (or worse, you move a node and screw up something else without realizing it)
>> when nodes are shared with other non-downloaded features. This can happen
>> directly (road passing through a building or the IMO bad practice of using
>> roads as landuse borders) or indirectly (e.g. road - parking lot - building
>> - landuse).

One option would be for every object returned from an API query to
have a complete/incomplete flag.  This flag would be set if an object
(e.g. a node) is part of another object that has not been downloaded
because it's not on the same "layer".  If the editor sees such an
object being modified, it pulls all the "parent" elements from the
API.

Cheers