[Talk-us] Special issues in LA remap

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Thu Jun 14 23:27:01 BST 2012

>  >From http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/rebuild/2012-June/000256.html:
>
>"Redaction bot is almost done. This weekend have seen a lot of improvements
>to the redaction bot. The number of failing test cases are down from around
>20 to 2. The work that remains is the interface to the database and all
>small bits and pieces that is needed for the bot to run, and of course
>testing."
>
>So you don't need to guess - it's pretty much done already. The code, should
>you feel in a hackish mood, is at
>https://github.com/zerebubuth/openstreetmap-license-change . Alternatively
>you could ask things on the rebuild@ list, or on #osm-dev on IRC.
>
>Personally my favourite line is
>
>      "Doctor Feelgood" => "Drive Feelgood",
>
>cheers
>Richard

Thank you for these pointers, Richard.  I am checking out (well, not
literally "checking out" as in "I'm going to hack on it" but rather
"observing") the code now.

I did not know there is also a rebuild@ list, and while I know about
#osm-dev on IRC, I have never visited or chatted/lurked there.  (I
may not be alone on either of those, either).

Now, when and how will this bot run?  Over the entire planet.osm?  In
something like one-degree of latitude at a time swaths?  (That's just
a guess).  Can you sense my frustration when I feel like I should be
able to "just go and find these things out" (maybe in a big,
all-encompassing "License Change -- what you need to know, do and not
do" wiki page), but it really does appear to be a challenge?

My grade this week for "internal OSM communication" (amongst members
who both know and want to know):  Better!

Thank you for these answers.  I am finding that talk-us really can
and does work (though it is a bit klunky, and even so, I'll take it).

SteveA
California