[Talk-us] Fwd: Re: Mapnik slower than usual?

Charlotte Wolter techlady at techlady.com
Wed Mar 7 15:40:45 GMT 2012

Hello all,

         I'm having that problem and still having several others in
Potlatch 2. I can't add points. If I try to add a point, I can no
longer highlight any ways. I have to save my work, go back to "View"
and then return to "Edit," which reloads Potlatch 2.
         Also, many ways, particularly residential streets, are not
visible. Where there is a turning circle at the end of a street, only
a dot for the turning circle is visible, but the white line for the
street is missing. In other instances, the name of a way is visible,
but the line for the street is not.
         The same issues occur on both my computers and in both
Firefox and Chrome.
         Does anyone know if someone is trying to fix this? I've
traded emails with members in the US and Europe who also have this problem.

Charlotte

>To: talk-us at openstreetmap.org
>From: Alexander Jones <happy5214 at gmail.com>
>Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 02:15:07 -0600
>Subject: Re: [Talk-us] Mapnik slower than usual?
>         <mailto:talk-us-request at openstreetmap.org?subject=subscribe>
>
>Nathan Edgars II wrote:
>
> > Is it just me, or are there more timeout magnifying glasses than usual?
> > Is this due to the Osmarender server going down?
>
>Good, so it isn't just me.
>
>PS I had some trouble sending this article. My news reader said that the
>group was read-only.

Charlotte Wolter
927 18th Street Suite A
Santa Monica, California
90403
+1-310-597-4040
techlady at techlady.com
Skype: thetechlady

The Four Internet Freedoms
Freedom to know all the terms of a service, particularly any that
would affect the first three freedoms.