[Talk-us] Fwd: Re: Mapnik slower than usual?

Charlotte Wolter techlady at techlady.com
Wed Mar 7 16:58:42 GMT 2012

Richard,

         I have posted tickets twice to TRAC in the last two days,
and have no communication about my issues. What "requests" are you
referring to?

--C

At 07:50 AM 3/7/2012, you wrote:
>Charlotte Wolter wrote:
> > I'm having that problem and still having several others in
> > Potlatch 2. I can't add points. If I try to add a point, I can
> > no longer highlight any ways. I have to save my work, go
> > back to "View" and then return to "Edit," which reloads
> > Potlatch 2.
>
>Charlotte, we are trying to help you, but we can't do that without you
>coming up with some more information - as has been requested - and ideally
>using the proper bug-tracking system rather than the mailing lists.
>
>Just a mention of where this is happening would be good, as requested here:
>
>http://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/4275
>
>Though it would really help if you could follow the guidelines in
>http://trac.openstreetmap.org/newticket :
>
>[start quote]
>
>* How to be a helpful bug reporter *
>
>Where you can, always provide "steps to reproduce" - in other words, a
>series of instructions that the developers can follow to reproduce your bug.
>The more you can do to pinpoint the problem, the more likely it'll be fixed.
>
>1. Give any pertinent details of your system (operating system and version,
>browser and version, etc.).
>2. If the problem is with a web page or web application, give its URL. If
>the problem is encountered with a particular set of data, say what (e.g. a
>location in OpenStreetMap).
>3. Explain what you are doing, click-by-click.
>4. Explain what you expect to happen.
>5. Explain what is happening instead.
>
>[end quote]
>
>When it says "click-by-click" it _means_ click-by-click. Explain what you
>are doing _precisely_, so that a developer can follow the steps you are
>taking. When you say "I can't add points" that could mean a million things -
>by dragging-and-dropping from the left-hand panel? By shift-clicking in a
>way? By double-clicking on the page? Who knows.
>
>Richard
>

>--

Charlotte Wolter
927 18th Street Suite A
Santa Monica, California
90403
+1-310-597-4040
techlady at techlady.com
Skype: thetechlady

The Four Internet Freedoms
Freedom to know all the terms of a service, particularly any that
would affect the first three freedoms.