[Talk-us] The vandalism has begun

Mike N niceman at att.net
Sun Mar 11 23:17:31 GMT 2012

I looked at the .CA lists and couldn't tell if this was due to removing
data that isn't even CC-SA compliant, or making it easier to get a jump
start on remapping.   If the purpose is to make remapping easier, I
think it is disrespectful of data consumers.   Data consumers are aware
of the 1 April date, after which time anything goes as far as removing
non-ODBL data.   They can prepare for 1 April by stopping real time
updates, however this removal may have taken them by surprise.