[Talk-us] Changeset needs to be reverted

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Mar 12 19:45:33 GMT 2012

Hi,

On 03/12/2012 08:12 PM, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/10842511 is labeled
> "remove non-relicensable imports in Canada by request of Canadian
> community", yet includes a number of deletions in the U.S. The changeset
> is too large for JOSM's reverter plugin, and I can't download the
> osmChange XML. Frederik Ramm (woodpeck) has avoided the issue rather
> than undoing his error.

I haven't avoided the issue, I have just refrained from letting you
label it as "vandalism".

The changeset in question is problematic for two reasons; one is that it
deletes a (small number of) objects in the US instead of just things in
Canada, and the other is that even in Canada it deleted more than
Canadians had decided to delete right now. The first was a technical,
the second was a communications mishap, and things are being dealt with.

Please note that almost everything deleted by this changeset *will* be
deleted when the license change comes, unless action is taken to re-map
the affected objects beforehand.

Bye
Frederik