[Talk-us] Update on remapping

Mike N niceman at att.net
Wed Mar 28 11:15:01 BST 2012

On 3/28/2012 2:55 AM, Toby Murray wrote:
>   I've seen a little work being done
> on interstates but so far it's been a drop in the bucket.

My logic is that data consumers will shut off their feed, so we won't
have instant chaos on Mapquest.com for example.   After the license
change, any Interstate breaks will be easy to spot and fix because they
all have relations, whereas small local road deletions will be lost in
the noise and the only way to reclaim them is to wait for a Mapdust
report or compare against TIGER for an entire area.   I've been trying
to preserve the small roads in my area while they're easy to identify.