[Talk-us] PostGiS Queries

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Wed Mar 28 22:26:06 BST 2012

and to the list, sorry

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Martijn van Exel <m at rtijn.org>
Date: Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 3:25 PM
Subject: Re: [Talk-us] PostGiS Queries
To: Hilton Long <seldomseen at scinternet.net>

Interesting. By eliminating too close nodes you mean generalization? That
should not be too difficult to do using ST_Simplify. Automatically
detecting gaps is something that I am currently looking into (also for
routing purposes). I was going to look at all endpoints of motorways,
trunks , primaries and secondaries and look at the distance between them
and the closest way of the same type or the corresponding _link type. Does
that sound like a good approach to you?

I guess much of this was done around the original TIGER import (for example
the 250 cities project[1]) but I wasn't around then to know how that was
done and the wiki does not reveal very much about the processes either.

Martijn

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/TIGER_fixup/250_cities

--
martijn van exel