[Talk-us] Using TIGER to find missing road segments in OSM after license change

Nathan Edgars II neroute2 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 15:53:55 BST 2012

On 3/29/2012 10:49 AM, Martijn van Exel wrote:
> I'm going to look at this same problem for Salt Lake County just to see
> if any different issues arise for a different geography, and hope to
> provide some more input soon.

It would be useful to test an area where the TIGER data is rather
imprecise and the OSM data has been fixed to match aerials. Orange
County, FL was like this as of whatever TIGER data was imported, but the
latest data may be much better. If the latest TIGER data is improved,
you might be able to test with the older TIGER data.