[Talk-us] Fixing TIGER street name abbreviations

Mike N niceman at att.net
Tue May 1 03:35:58 BST 2012

On 4/30/2012 10:24 PM, Toby Murray wrote:
>   I believe It was stopped after some
> complaints about it not handling some situations correctly. But I
> would probably be in favor of trying to complete it.

  I would agree - there's no point in asserting that we have to spend
time manually expanding everything, it's not adding value to the map
data.   And the bot is probably more accurate than a human, limited only
by the accuracy of the base TIGER data - think of all the possible typos
on streeet, avenve, and boulavard.