[Talk-us] Fresno castradal imports

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Fri May 4 09:37:46 BST 2012

See http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-us/2012-April/008032.html
for the full discussion around the removal

In summary:
- The Fresno import has a number of issues
- No one is opposed to removal if there are no easier options for cleaning
up the data
- No one has proposed an easier option

Given this, does anyone object if I go ahead with the proposed deletion of
unmodified objects from the imports, attempting to preserve areas like
schools and fix them if possible.

I would time it to not be going on at the same time as the rebuild as to not
impose additional load on the servers and to reduce the risk of conflicts.

My initial estimates were 280k ways and a total of 1M objects.