[Talk-us] Fresno castradal imports

Nathan Mills nathan at nwacg.net
Fri May 4 22:29:52 BST 2012

On 5/4/2012 4:21 PM, Ian Dees wrote:
> To the contrary, this whole conversation started because we received
> multiple complaints about this area from mappers who wanted to create
> data in this area but couldn't because of too much data. In that
> sense, this data is already handicapping the usefulness of OSM because
> it's deterring mappers from adding data to the area.

That's a tooling problem, not a data problem.

As an aside, parcel data is completely verifiable. Yes, it's a terrible
pain in the butt, but it is perfectly possible to look up land records
and survey the points or do it using a map. I've occasionally thought it
would be nice to have a plugin for JOSM that could turn a metes and
bounds description into a polygon.

-Nathan