[Talk-us] First bona fide mini-roundabout spotted

Apollinaris Schöll aschoell at gmail.com
Mon May 7 22:38:18 BST 2012

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Nathan Mills <nathan at nwacg.net> wrote:

> So this is not/should not be a mini_roundabout? It seems a little silly to
> call it anything else, since the city just dug a hole in the center of the
> existing intersection, built a circular curb, and planted a tree:
>
> http://g.co/maps/e2gsv

It's a normal roundabout. Tough normally a roundabout is signed. without
any lane markings, no yield signs or other signs to tell how to pass trough
one could argue it's entirely legal to take a direct left turn instead
going around 270 degree. Then it's not more than a traffic calming structure

> What about this one? Also a full on roundabout?
>
> http://g.co/maps/d6n74

 same as above

> This looks more like a roundabout to me:
>
> http://g.co/maps/hnbp9

yes definitely.