[Talk-us] First bona fide mini-roundabout spotted

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Tue May 8 04:03:56 BST 2012

On 7 May 2012 22:28, Nathan Mills <nathan at nwacg.net> wrote:
> So this is not/should not be a mini_roundabout? It seems a little silly to
> call it anything else, since the city just dug a hole in the center of the
> existing intersection, built a circular curb, and planted a tree:
>
> http://g.co/maps/e2gsv
>
> What about this one? Also a full on roundabout?
>
> http://g.co/maps/d6n74

These two don't give priority to the vehicles going round so they're
not roundabouts going by the wiki definition.

This is one in Berkeley that I have previously tagged mini_roundabout:
http://g.co/maps/5uc9t (using the size criteria) but from Google it
looks like there are stop signs only from Mathews St even though there
are roundabout symbols on the island.  So should this be redrawn as a
circle, with highway=stop nodes from N/S only?

Cheers