[Talk-us] TIGER road expansion code

Tue May 15 19:02:20 BST 2012

At 2012-05-11 20:20, Serge Wroclawski wrote:
>"W and W Industrial Rd" expands to "West and W Industrial Road", since
>W is the direction_prefix, but the second W is unaccounted for, the
>script doesn't know if that is supposed to be W or West (and neither
>do I).

Why not do the following?

(already inside a block where $prefix is non-blank)
if ($name_root =~ /^(and|to|\/|\+|&)/)
{
  $name_root = $prefix . " " . $name_root;
  $prefix = "";
}

can anyone think of any other connecting words?

I missed the start of the first thread. Can I ask why this came up again?
Did the balrog-kun bot stop before doing everything?

Will you be creating the suggested tags with the parsed prefix, root,
suffix for future benefit (and easy after-the-fact debugging/correction)?