[Talk-us] Fw: [CrisisMappers] RE: Need maps of the Jersey shore

Chris Lawrence lordsutch at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 15:32:19 GMT 2012

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 7:42 PM, Jeffrey Ollie <jeff at ocjtech.us> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 6:32 PM, Mikel Maron <mikel_maron at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Some mapping requests starting to come in on Crisis Mappers. The Jersey
>> shore is particular is going to need remapping (destroyed beach front
>> structures)
>
> Is there anyone supplying post-Sandy imagery that armchair mappers can use?

NOAA has tiles from the National Geodetic Survey available (extracted
URLs from http://storms.ngs.noaa.gov/storms/sandy/index.html, which
also should give you a sense of the coverage areas):

http://storms.ngs.noaa.gov/storms/sandy/imagery/3052012flt1/tilefilter.php?z={zoom}&x={x}&y={y}.png
http://storms.ngs.noaa.gov/storms/sandy/imagery/3052012flt2/tilefilter.php?z={zoom}&x={x}&y={y}.png
http://storms.ngs.noaa.gov/storms/sandy/imagery/3052012flt3/tilefilter.php?z={zoom}&x={x}&y={y}.png

So far it's right on the shoreline; I'd expect more to be coming
online over the next few days.

Chris
--
Chris Lawrence <lordsutch at gmail.com>