[Talk-us] Operation Cowboy - preparations

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Fri Nov 2 09:42:07 GMT 2012

If there is JOSM or PL2 should suggest it. https://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/Maps has a list of imagery. JOSM goes by polygon and PL2 goes by bbox. Polygons are more accurate but you should be fine in the US.

The main imagery source to be aware of country-wide is the USGS aerials. Where I've examined them they're very well aligned although not always as high a resolution. They should be suggested but http://{switch:a,b,c}.tile.openstreetmap.us/usgs_large_scale/{zoom}/{x}/{y}.jpg should work in JOSM.