[Talk-us] SOTM-US 2013

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Wed Nov 7 18:22:40 GMT 2012

We are likely going to have to expedite the venue / city selection
process if we want to make the conference happen in Q2 of next year,
so I would suggest to anyone who has a proposal for a location for
SOTM US 2013 to be prepared to move quickly and proactively so we can
determine viability very soon (I would say no later than end of
November, haven't yet coordinated a firm date though). So please get
in touch with Alex, Bonnie or me (through this list is fine if you
prefer) with your ideas for city, venue and local organizing team. Use
the 2012 bid criteria
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_Of_The_Map_U.S._2012/BIDS/CRITERIA
as a guideline, but as we will have to move fast, it's really
important that we can hit the ground running with local organization.

Note that this is going to be the exception rather than the rule. We
are aiming to have a full-length bidding process next year again, and
the years after. The rush is only because we want to align better with
SOTM international.

Martijn

martijn van exel
http://oegeo.wordpress.com