[Talk-us] US Addressing

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 02:37:54 GMT 2012

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 8:31 PM, Steven Johnson <sejohnson8 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Okay, so we're talking about importing address *points*. Good.
>
> Now, are we talking strictly about *postal* addresses? Or *site*
> addresses? In some cases (cities, typically) they're typically the same.
> But in rural areas not always the case.

We're not talking about importing anything yet. We're simply *collecting* any
addressing information you can find. We'll take either site or postal
addresses. Iowa, for example has two datasets for addressing: one for the
end of the driveway (postal) and one for the building ("rooftop" or "site"
addresses).