[Talk-us] Whole-US Garmin Map update - NOW working for me

Alan Millar grunthos503 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 3 08:08:05 BST 2012

On 9/29/2012 2:18 PM, Alan wrote:
> Anyone else have problems with recent versions of these no longer working for them?

Um, sorry, false alarm.  After completely clearing out my SD card, and
making sure there were no left over recycle bin or hidden files, I tried
it all again and it worked.  Looks like just stupid user error on my
part :-(

(I do wonder if there was a more subtle explanation in the VFAT
filesystem on the sd card, where the Nuvi may only read the DOS 8.3
short filename.  I wonder if there is a scenario where one might copy a
file to the card and then rename it, ending with a long name of
gmapsupp.img and a short name of GMAPSU~1.IMG or something.  Always
looking for someone to blame other than me :-)

Thanks for everyone's advice anyways!

- Alan