[Talk-us] Last minute SOTM US updates

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Thu Oct 11 03:30:44 BST 2012

Hi all,

We're only three days away from SOTM US and things are heating up!

Let's see. We should be all set to stream all tracks live. The links
to the streams will be on the web site, http://stateofthemap.us/ and
remember, we kick off at 9AM PDT [1]. Fingers crossed it will all work
as advertised.

On the topic of video, we still need some volunteers for that and for
the registration desk and session moderation. So if you're coming,
consider chipping in and helping make this a great SOTM US [2].

Oh and parties / geobeers! For the super early birds, we're getting
together at Deschutes Brewery on Thursday. On Friday, WhereCamp PDX is
hosting a party at the Geoloqi offices, and we're invited. Finally,
we're throwing a big party ourselves on Saturday, with delicious food
and an open bar. All the details are on the wiki. (There was some
discussion on talk-us today about some venues not being mapped - I am
just going to assume this is no longer a problem *blush*)

On Sunday, WhereCamp PDX is coming over to SOTM US to take over one
room for hacking and other WhereCampery. I'm looking forward to what
promises to be a great mix of geofolks.

All who registered to attend (that's over 200 people already) should
have received an email today with practical info. If you haven't, let
me know.

Oh wait, I am doing a talk myself on Saturday [3], I need to go and
prepare that now. See you in Portland!

Martijn

[1] http://timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?p0=202&iso=20121013T09&msg=SOTM%20US%20kick%20off#
[2] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_Of_The_Map_U.S._2012#Call_for_Volunteers