[Talk-us] my lighting talk from SOTM US

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Sun Oct 21 03:23:54 GMT 2012

On 10/20/12 10:07 PM, Mike N wrote:
> On 10/20/2012 5:55 PM, Richard Welty wrote:
>> i've just written this up in a blog posting. The lightning talk was
>> entitled
>> "Maps for First Responders".
>
>  Great post!   The politics are the hardest part of the process - the
> Trimet-Portland program is a great way to use OSM, and I hope it can
> find its way to other municipalities.
thanks. i'm just starting to work the political aspect. i've had some
good discussion with actual firefighters about what reality looks like
to them, and
i'm meeting with an NYS Senator on wednesday to try and assess the state
funding situation. i've also asked for time with Albany's Mayor, but i don't
know when that will turn into a real meeting just yet.

unfortunately i will also need to find a new job in order to do this.
the consulting firm i work for now would have been a good place to do
this, but
they've informed me that they don't want to take on this particular work.

richard