[Talk-us] NHD imports

Ivan Komarov jkomarov at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 15:36:20 GMT 2012

Hi everybody,

as an active mapper focused on the topology consistence of the map, I don't
think that any automatic re-import would make any good. The initial bulk
imports left the map in the terrible state and I can't even imagine how
badly it would be damaged if all the NHD data is re-imported.

I think it might be nice to have a simple, even text-like (Russians mappers
have something similar<http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fvwo.osm.rambler.ru%2F>),
web interface to NHD data so mappers would be able to check water objects
manually and make a decision on re-importing and validating them.

Best regards,
Ivan.