[Talk-us] [Imports] What to do with unnamed NHD streams

Alan Millar grunthos503 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 29 17:26:20 GMT 2012

> What would be saved by dropping the nameless intermittent streams assuming they were simplified?

I expect this really varies by location. In my area (Washington County, Oregon) these streams were quite useless. Most of them were just plain gone, replaced by farm fields or suburban housing tracts. (Insignificant snow here also)

Perhaps it would be worthwhile to make them available as a separate OSM file, which local mappers could import in addition to the main file. (yes, duplicated nodes, blah blah blah, josm verify->fix, big deal :-)

- Alan