[Talk-us] [OSM-talk] Announcing Remap-a-tron

Jaakko Helleranta.com jaakko at helleranta.com
Sat Sep 1 13:54:46 BST 2012

Hi Martijn,

This is wonderful!

I'd love it if you could extend the coverage to all of Hispanola (Haiti &
Dominican Republic) where I've tried to setup the remapping using the
Simon's rebuild.poole.ch instance of the HOT Tasking Manager.

I think it makes all the sense in the world to start with tertiary and
above roads. After they are done (perhaps for a given area?) I'd add
unclassified roads (as those are the "quatriary" roads in urban areas). ..
I would also guess that bridges could be good to check as I've seen in a
number of places bridges disappear from otherwise ok roads and they are not
always the easiest to spot.
At the end of the day this could be expanded to cover a bunch of other tags
too but unclassified and bridges would be my first expansions. Getting the
road*network *in place is the base of the map in many/most areas anyways.

Thanks!
-Jaakko

--
jaakko at helleranta.com * Skype: jhelleranta * Mobile: +509-37-269154  *