[Talk-us] The Remap-A-Tron, Second Wave

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Fri Sep 7 20:38:31 BST 2012

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 12:37 PM, Serge Wroclawski <emacsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> A similar query could be used to find overlapping ways which are of
> the same level and do not share a way.
> This could help with routing.
>
> There are a lot of queries like this which wouldn't be hard to do.
>
> - Serge

Interestingly I was just discussing overlapping ways with Telenav
yesterday. This will be a very useful thing to detect, but as these
overlapping ways are not visible on the Mapnik map so the R-a-T may
not be so useful for that. Some folks over at Telenav are developing a
JOSM plugin that works in a similar way (iterating over error points
pseudo-randomly and letting you fix them one by one) and may be better
suited to these 'invisible' problems.

Martijn

--
martijn van exel