[Talk-us] TIGER 2012 Roads

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Sat Sep 8 03:57:18 BST 2012

On 9/7/12 10:20 PM, AJ Ashton wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 7:10 PM, Ian Dees <ian.dees at gmail.com> wrote:
>> You may remember my TIGER 2011 rendered tile layer that's based on TIGER
>> shapefiles from late 2011. TIGER recently updated to include data from 2012,
> Very nice. The 2011 tiles have been an extremely helpful mapping aid
> which I use all the time and am glad for the update.

on the subject of TIGER (2010, 2011, 2012). on the OSM US board last year we
at one point had a discussion about whether 2010 was really an improvement
over the TIGER that had previously been imported, and we were having trouble
finding examples of improvement.

i can now say that TIGER 2011/2012 is definitely improved in Warren County
New York, and i'm going to start studying how to do a safe replacement of
unedited data with newer TIGER data in the area -- the unedited older TIGER
data there now is pretty iffy.

richard