[Talk-us] Consensus on "SR" for state route versus state abbreviation?

Mike N niceman at att.net
Thu Sep 13 18:31:03 BST 2012

On 9/13/2012 1:15 PM, Toby Murray wrote:
> Most of the ones in Kansas are actually "KS XX" - might have something
> to do with me having done most of them and I consider national
> consistency to be of value

   I would agree with national consistency.  There will always be
contention - in SC, the DOT refers to state and county roads with an
internal numbering system as SR-*-*; some of those appear on signs.  But
to the average motorist - all state routes are referred to as SC_*

   I wouldn't have a clue about how to ref the Texas Farm* roads