[Talk-us] US-Canada Border between BC and Washington State

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Tue Sep 18 01:49:59 BST 2012

The survey points are based on IBC data (which they view as PD) and are
supposed to be accurate within a few cm and the limits of NAD83 to WGS84
conversion (a few more cm).

I've verified a few by the lower mainland with survey and against a few
sources of accurate imagery and their data seems accurate within the limits
of the imagery.

You can see a clearing along parts of the border in that area so it's
accurate to within 20 meters.

I know that Washington State argued that they were not responsible for the
border costs in Blaine because it was not part of the state since the state
ended at the 49th parallel and the border is north of the 49th there.

What I'll do is go and eliminate duplicate border ways, like I did with the
lower mainland.