[Talk-us] Saturday: OSM workshop at 4sq digs

Alex Barth alex at mapbox.com
Wed Sep 19 18:47:07 BST 2012

On the kind invitation of NYC OSM meetup co-organizer Liz Barry Ian Villeda and I will head up this weekend and do an afternoon long intro workshop on OSM at foursquare's headquarters. Serge Wroclawski has been doing great work recently in bringing out the OSM NYC community more often so I'm glad we can help greese the wheels a little :) It's awesome that foursquare is providing their facilities given their recent history with OpenStreetMap and the interest of some of their team to get started on OpenStreetMap themselves.

If you're an experienced mapper, you could come out help teach (there's going to be a lot of people) or start side conversations about how to improve the OSM map in NYC. We're still figuring out a good spot for a happy hour afterwards. I'll post here as soon as this is sorted out.

http://www.meetup.com/osm-nyc/events/79058992/

Alex Barth
http://twitter.com/lxbarth
tel (+1) 202 250 3633