[Talk-us] Schizophrenic highway

Charlotte Wolter techlady at techlady.com
Sun Sep 23 21:51:06 BST 2012

It intersects with a major road atonly one end.
After the discussion, I'm sticking with my
original primary road code. Maybe some day they
will finish it, but right now it's most just a
two-lane highway. We'll see if the next iteration
of Bing photos shows that they are working on it
again.  At this point, they don't seem to be
doing anything to finish the work that was started.

Charlotte

At 05:47 PM 9/14/2012, you wrote:

>On Sep 14, 2012 7:06 PM, "Charlotte Wolter"
><<mailto:techlady at techlady.com>techlady at techlady.com> wrote:
> > Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â I'm working on US 50 near
> Trenton, Ill. Here's the location:
> <http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?lat=38.61248&lon=-89.68529&zoom=16>http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?lat=38.61248&lon=-89.68529&zoom=16
> > Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â It looks like, at one point
> there were plans to turn this into a motorway.
> In two spots in a 25-mile stretch,
> intersections have been turned into cloverleafs
> and the highway divided. In other locations,
> roads that used to intersect US 50 have been
> turned into overpasses. There are even a couple
> of bridges for a second lane but no evidence of
> any construction work actually to build that
> lane. The vast majority of the highway is still two-lane blacktop.
> > Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â So how does one tag this, as
> a primary road that just has a couple of cloverleafs?
>
>Probably.  Without looking at aerial
>photography, I'd say it sounds like a super-2,
>or at least a two-lane expressway; the tags
>expressway=yes an/or motorroad=yes might be
>applicable.  Also, if the ends of this improved
>section are near other major roads, then highway=trunk might make sense.
>
>Sorry for the uncertain reply but it's not
>convenient to closely inspect these things on my phone.

Charlotte Wolter
927 18th Street Suite A
Santa Monica, California
90403
+1-310-597-4040
techlady at techlady.com
Skype: thetechlady

The Four Internet Freedoms
Freedom to know all the terms of a service,
particularly any that would affect the first three freedoms.