[Talk-us] Whole-US Garmin Map update - not working for me

Alan grunthos503 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 29 22:18:05 BST 2012

On Sep 27, 2012, at 11:58 AM, Dave Hansen wrote:
> These are based off of Lambertus's work here:
>
> 	http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl
>
> If you have questions or comments about these maps, please feel
> free to ask.

Anyone else have problems with recent versions of these no longer working for them?

I have a Garmin Nuvi 200, with a 2GB sd card.  I grabbed a 1 GB file a year ago, put it on the card as garmin/gmapsupp.img, and it worked fine.  I went to update it a month ago, and my Nuvi would not recognize the new file.  I pulled down several more last week (also tried the 500mb and 2gb sizes) and tried them out, with the same results.  (Each one I tried, I put into place as garmin/gmapsupp.img).   My Nuvi just did not see that there were any extra map sets.  I put back the previous file from last year, and the Nuvi recognized it, so I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with my sd card, or directory/file names.

Anyone else run across this?  I wonder if something may have changed in the last year in the mkgmap output or something like that.  Any tips would be appreciated.  Thanks

- Alan