[Talk-us] MapRoulette update

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Thu Apr 11 23:11:14 UTC 2013

Hi folks,

MapRoulette was way overdue for an update. And it arrived! The new
challenge is adding lane count (lanes=...) to motorway ways. This is a
little trickier than the connectivity fixes[1], so I am curious what you
think about this one. If it works well, we will work our way down to
trunks and primaries, if not, we'll move on to something else.

The geographical scope for this challenge is currently North America.

If you have ideas for challenges, please add them to
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/MapRoulette/Challenges - keeping in
mind that challenges should be: 1) machine-detectable 2) easy to fix
without local knowledge 3) only involve one or two OSM nodes/ways.

In the background, we are working on a whole new version of MapRoulette
which will boast much-requested features like choosing an area to work
on, choosing between multiple challenges, and more.

[1] See my blog post for caveats:
https://oegeo.wordpress.com/2013/04/11/maproulette-challenge-lanecounts/

Happy mapping,
--