[Talk-us] openstreetmap.us coming back up

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Fri Apr 19 17:34:59 UTC 2013

Hi all,

After more than a day of downtime caused by uncooperative domain hosts, openstreetmap.us is coming back up - web site and services hosted on the domain, including the TIGER overlay tiles. The new DNS records may take a little while to propagate, so please be patient if you still experience problems.

Now that I'm on it: new on openstreetmap.us is a post announcing SOTM US discounts for the top 50 mappers in the US: http://www.openstreetmap.us/2013/04/special-invitation-to-top-mappers/ so if you're a heavy mapper, check the lists and see if you qualify for discounted SOTM US registration!

Also, you have a few more days to submit for a scholarship to attend SOTM US, so if you feel you should attend but can't due to financial constraints, do submit a scholarship application. Details are here: http://www.openstreetmap.us/2013/04/scholarships-state-of-the-map-us/

On behalf of the chapter board, I apologize for the openstreetmap.us downtime and assure you we are taking steps to prevent this from happening again.
--
Martijn van Exel