[Talk-us] Airport Tagging

Rick Marshall rick.marshall at verticalgeo.com
Tue Apr 23 17:37:16 UTC 2013

I am a retired C-130 Navigator and I am trying to update the Airports I
have been to around the world.  I started with a few of the general
aviation airports I have flown into and out of as a private pilot in the
many places I have lived.  I know I will have many more quesitons in the
future as I get deeper into airport tagging, but I have two that should be
easy for the community to help me answer:

1.  How do you mark Precision Approach Path Indicator (PAPI), Visual
Approach Slope Indicator (VASI), VOR, and other Navigational Aids at
airports. The wiki says to use aeroway=vasi or aeroway=papi, and I don't
see any tags listed for VORs, TACANs, DMEs, etc. When I tag my edits as
aeroway=vasi or aeroway=papi they don't show up on the map. Is there a
better way to tag the edits?

2.  Who decides the geographical limits of an aerodrome?

Thanks for the help.

Rick Marshall
--
Rick Marshall, PhD, GISP