[Talk-us] Shields are up!

Kevin Kenny kkenny2 at nycap.rr.com
Thu Aug 1 23:52:27 UTC 2013

On 07/29/2013 08:17 AM, Richard Welty wrote:
> On 7/29/13 1:02 AM, Russ Nelson wrote:
>> Toby Murray writes:
>>   > We finally managed to get Phil's highway shield rendering up on
>> the OSM-US
>>   > server today! You can see the tiles here:
>>   >
>>   > http://tile.openstreetmap.us/osmus_shields/preview.html
>>
>> Looks good for New York State! Well done! Also looks like I need to
>> start editing my local county roads so they can have shields, too.
>>
> i agree with Russ, NY looks good for areas that have the needed
> relations.
>
> one thing to consider in NY, though - not all counties use the
> yellow-on-blue pentagonal County Route signs. right now it's
> automagically using that style shield for all county routes.
> should we deal with this or let it go?

It might be worthwhile picking up the nonstandard color of the
Nassau and Suffolk county markers. Beyond that, I'm inclined to
say, "let it go."

I happened to notice while driving through the Catskills last
week that Ulster and Greene counties use the county outline and
the pentagon intermixed higgledy-piggledy, although in most cases
the pentagonal signs looked newer.

--
73 de ke9tv/2, Kevin