[Talk-us] Interstate 64 and its spur interstates (I-64, I-264, I-464) changed to primary status in Virginia Beach, VA

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Sat Aug 3 14:14:37 UTC 2013

On 8/3/13 9:55 AM, Evan Robohm wrote:
> Hello all,
> I was just browsing the map this morning and discovered that a
> majority of the Interstates in the Virginia Beach, VA Metro area have
> been changed to highway=primary status. I thought it would be
> pertinent to report this immediately. The changes aren't rendered on
> zoom levels 12 and lower yet. Link:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=36.8347&lon=-76.322&zoom=12&layers=M

in these cases, it's generally a good idea to find out the author of the
changeset
and drop them a private message asking what their reasoning is for a
change like
that. generally we should try to fix these things reasonably quietly, public
humiliation is generally a bad path to go down although sometimes it
happens.

richard