[Talk-us] route relations and non-rendering of shields

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Sun Aug 4 20:21:12 UTC 2013

there are some NYS routes where we want to build relations, but we don't
actually want any sort of ref tag or shield rendering, at least not by
default.
these are the NYS reference routes, generally numbered 9xx followed by
a letter. four of these routes have signs posted, none of the others do.

i've generally, instead of

     ref=

used

     ref:unsigned=

for the reference.  i'm not wedded to this, and am willing to entertain
alternatives. is there something that is preferable given that the shield
rendering is coming along?

thanks,
    richard