[Talk-us] Burning Man old data, publicity opportunity

Kathleen Danielson kathleen.danielson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 18:36:27 UTC 2013

I only know a little about Burning Man (seriously, just what I read in Cory
Doctorow's Homeland), but mapping BRC makes sense to me.

Is it on the exact same location every year? In that case it seems like it
would make sense to update the map annually. If they are on different parts
of the dessert each year, it would probably make sense to map each one, but
once the city is torn down, modify the tags to indicate a past structure.
The Historical OSM folks would probably have better guidance on the best
way to do this.

Either way, it seems like this could be a really neat way to preserve Black
Rock City.

Are any OSM folks going to be at Burning Man this year?